Today came with the energy levels of a potato, so between naps and binge watching some shows, all I could manage was a bit of colouring in, and microwaving some food.
I managed to finish these three squares over the day, and I think they look rather nice. The light one at the top was watercoloured using mainly inktense pencils, and the other two had a simple Copic marker base colour with coloured pencils over the top. I quite like this look, as the white of the page does show through the pencil, and you don’t need a lot of Copic colours to make the shading on the shapes. The colour is also nice and intense.
The images didn’t stamp very well, likely due to human error, so I tried to fix it with some fine liners. It worked alright, but only with the thinner liner, which was running out of ink. I don’t mind the effect the thicker pen gave on the roses, as I just outlined the edges. If I had gone over everything, it would have been too much.
These panels look nice against black card, so I’ll likely but them onto foam squares, lifting them from a black piece of card as a border, and using them on cards.
I’m planning to have a bunch of coloured pieces that I can grab out a box when cards need to be made, like I’ve seen other card makers do. Plus, it makes me feel like I’m doing something productive on a potato day like today, without too much effort.
I hope I feel better tomorrow, I have so much to clean this week.